Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Monday, June 20, 2016

Dona Teresa Restaurant, Hatch End

The decor seems more colourful and jolly every time I go to Dona Teresa. The same goes for the staff.

Starters:
My favourites are (on both a la carte and the two course lunch menu):
Soup of the day.
Minestrone (vegetable soup).
Avocado with smoked salmon salad - a huge plate.
Avocado, mushrooms with smoked salmon gratinated (oven baked with a covering of grated cheese and possibly breadcrumbs).
Parma ham with melon.

(Other more expensive expensive or time consuming dishes from the a la carte menu, not the two course lunch and early bird Menu:

Fish - a large choice:
Haddock
Salmon - in a cream and Prosecco sauce
Sea bass - grilled on a bed of spinach
Sole - breaded filet
Duet of fish - grilled salmon and sea bass
(Dover sole - expensive)

(Shellfish / crustaceans, and other oddities - I'm allergic to these but you might like them
Prawn cocktail
Tiger prawns in chilli sauce
Whitebait, deep fried


Meat main courses:
Beef
Chicken breast in wine, garlic and chilli
I must admit this was not the wisest choice. I asked them to reduce the child. However the sauce still overpowered the chicken. I thought that as we were a huge table of about 25 people it would be a nuisance of me to demand a special off the menu sauce such as plain lemon or white sauce. I regretted it. 

My chicken dish.


Turkey in breadcrumbs. Looks very nice. But not the ideal choice for my dieting friend.


Lamb shank
What's this?
Veal

Desserts:
Dessert of the day. On my last visit it was pecan tart. With ice cream or custard? I asked what flavour of ice cream. Vanilla. I asked, "Anything else?" I chose pistachio.

It was served with a treble clef on the plate. The decoration was mint, plus the mango flavour writing on the plate. The green dots were another flavour. Delicious!

Wines by the glass:
Prosecco £
Muscat: £

The food is plentiful. If you cannot finish your food, they will willingly wrap it up for you to take away. For a diabetic, they wrapped up his dessert so he could take it home to his mother.

Chef is Antonio. Chief smiler is Manuel.

Manuel was keen to tell me that one of my Toastmasters groups had already booked for next Christmas. And he had held a very successful fund raising dinner for Cancer and got publicity in a local paper. (Yes, I saw that.)

The person who organised the event said that she had checked on the prices and conditions of several restaurants. Others wanted a deposit for a large group. Manuel knew her and trusted her. She said she liked a restaurant which 'you can work with'.

Our table had a big centrepiece of flower. Copious jugs of tap water. Decaf coffee included in the price of the three course dinner.

Dona Teresa Restaurant
521 Uxbridge Road
Hatch End
Pinner
Middlesex
HA5 4JR
Tel: 0208 421 5550

Angela Lansbury, travel writer and photographer, author and speaker.

No comments: