Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Pink Kit-kat? Green Kit-kat? Where? Why? Would I ... ?


Green Tea KitKat? In Singapore. Photo by Angela Lansbury. Copyright.

Problem
Green kit-kat. Where? Singapore. Would I like it? Only one way to find out.

I tried it. Not sure. I thought it was probably not kit kat but some oriental imitation. Similar shape, a biscuit you can divide and share with a friend, or eat in two sessions. But different colour and taste. Neither wonderful nor terrible.

The Chinese like green tea and foods which taste of green tea. I like mint and pistachio, but rarely does anything have the right flavour. Mostly not enough pistachio flavour, and too strong a sharp mint.

Answers
Pink kit-kat. Looks sickly. But could be like strawberry and raspberry. They say it is berry flavour. Who makes it? Nestle. That sounds reliable.

Not yet established here in Europe, but trialled in Asia. The Asians like strange colour foods.

What about us? Now the supermarkets have got us used to blue flowers, they know they can get away with anything. 'The new colour and flavour product is coming to London, England, next week. The Japanese and South Koreans liked it. So now Londoners, and those visiting London, will get to try it.

Do You Like Change?
Some changes have evoked consumer outrage. Coca Cola. The traditional taste seems to be the favourite. Classic. The Real Thing.

Other changes are a great success. Christmas pudding with fruit inside.

I keep doing those quizzes for supermarkets which ask whether I like trying new things. Yes, I do. I literally tick all the boxes, hoping they will send me samples and discounts.

Where can you buy it? From Amazon, of course. Not just one flavour, but several.

Useful Websites
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Nestle-KitKat-Matcha-Chocolate-KitKats/dp/B00NLR9ZH8
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Japanese-Candy-Ninja-Assortment-original/

Author
Angela Lansbury, travel writer and photographer, author and speaker. I always look for the odd, and the unusual. Please share links to your favourite posts.

No comments: