Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Wednesday, November 21, 2018

Shopping mall seasonal decorations In Raffles City shopping mall

I am looking for the best exterior and interior seasonal decorations for Christmas. Here is one on my shortlist. Raffles City shopping mall beside City Hall MRT, Singapore. The reindeer in this photo is green, and above that another in red.
Photo by Angela Lansbury, copyright.

The shopping mall is extensive and winds around. You can find Robinsons department store, Marks and Spencer, Dorothy Perkins, Mango, Save My Bag and many more shops for stops. 

A cafe with a green wall on one side overlooks the central atrium on the other side. 

The ladies toilets are clean and modern with an orchid display.

Luxury Clothes
Robinsons has clothes divided by brand. I found prices very high. All the items I looked at were about 150-350 Singapore dollars. Well ovr one hundred pounds sterling. Lovely, if you want something special. 

I eventally saw a sale rail in Save My Bag (mostly bags, a few clothes), one off items, a few lines at S$35. That is still over twenty pounds sterling. 

Shopping For Bargains In London, England
(In London, England, you could look for second hand dresses in charity shops such as Oxfam, which has now got dearer, but others are cheaper. Or visit the huge Primark stores such as the one in Harrow, which often has a sale rail, and pay under twenty pounds for a dress.)

Looking at the address card which I asked for in Save My Bag, I saw their tag line:
100% made in Italy. They have another branch in the basement of Wheelock Place in Orchard Road.

This mall is one of the CapitaLand complexes. On their website you can see pictures of their artworks around the city.

Raffles City
252 North Bridge Road
Singapore 179103

Save My Bag
02-40 (Level 02, shop unit 40)
tel: 6252 8227

Useful Websites
savemybag.it


Author, Angela Lansbury, travel writer and photographer, author and speaker.

No comments: