Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Thursday, November 15, 2018

Scooting Around In Singapore - If You Can't Beat Them Join Them

Problem
E-scooters are increasingly common in Singapore. You hear a bell ringing. Then a second bell.

You look behind. You see it. You step aside - just in time.

Two minutes later they are far ahead of you or out of sight.

I look at the e-scooters with a mixture of admiration and envy. The people walking towards me are parting to let the scooter shoot past.

E-scooter overtakes me near Duxton Hill, Singapore.  Photo by Angela Lansbury.

I look at the e-scooter and think, 'I could do with one of those. But I bet they are expensive. And I only want one for this area. I can't take it home on the train.'

The solution could be hiring. Then you can work out whether you like it and whether it is a worthwhile investment for commuting. You might also like one on holiday, for spinning around fast, or amusing the family.

Scooter at Clarke Quay, Singapore. Photo by Angela Lansbury.


Read more about them here:

Websites

Author, Angela Lansbury.

No comments: