Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Why You Should Wear A Mask When You Have A Cold In Asia

Problem
I had a cold, slept all afternoon, and went out in the evening, still sneezing.

My Singaporeans friends told me, "You should wear a mask when you have a cold."

"Why?"

"Because it stops the droplets going everywhere when you sneeze or cough."

You can buy face masks in the drug stores.

I have seen masks on faces in Singapore and Korea and other Asian countries.

I had previously moved seats when people alongside me were coughing and sneezing. Now I see whey you should wear a mask.

In England, a health campaign went: Coughs and sneezes spread diseases. Catch them in your handkerchief.

An alternative is to catch them in your mask.

Author
Angela Lansbury, travel writer and photographer, author and speaker

No comments: