Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Saturday, November 10, 2018

Singapore ginger flower with pink blossom

This ginger plant is from the garden of my new friend in Singapore. I stopped because she was photographing another yellow flower (in my other blog post) and I wanted to do the same.

She insisted on showing me another flower, this one. Bright pink. It is ginger. Not ginger coloured, But ginger flavour.


We used to by ginger in syrup from London, England. A small slice in a fruit salad is wonderful.

When we ran out of the bottled ginger in syrup in Singapore, we made our own, with ginger in a boiled sugar syrup.

We had bought fresh ginger from a supermarket. Having seen what a wonderful flower you get from ginger, I now want to grown it in a pot.  My friend in Singapore said that you need a piece of the root to get a new plant.

This really is the colour of the flower. I must admit I tried enhancing the colour on my smart phone, using the 'pop' feature which you slide to the right to enhance the colour. I thought the resulting bright pink looked unnatural. I preferred the colour left as it was. So here you have it, the real thing.

Author
Angela Lansbury, travel writer and photographer, author and speaker.

No comments: