Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Thursday, October 16, 2014

Found it! My lost travel pass. Where? and where are my rings and things lost at Swanwick?

I lost my travel pass. I checked all the usual places:

1 All the pockets in my jacket. All my jackets.
2 My bag - tote bag, all the pockets, even emptied it out.
3 I went through my in-tray.
4 I checked the side of the bed. Behind the bed. Under the bed.
5 My coats, coat pockets.
6 Emptied out the plastic bags.
7 Looked under the car seat and in the car boot (trunk if you are reading this in the USA).
8 Went through all my address cards.
9 Checked every room of the house.
10 Looked in my diary to see which day I'd last used it.

I'd given up. then I went to the gym. No it wasn't in my gym bag with the swimming costume. But after I checked in my second gym bag, the one with the running kit, there it was in the front pocket.

Moral: If you move a vital item, such as a passport or travel ticket or travel pass - list in your diary where you put it.

What have I lost? Credit cards (left behind at an Express supermarket till - rushed back. Left in pocket in jacket.

Jewellery. I took four rings and a bracelet and necklace to Swanwick Writers school in 2014. Opening my jewellery purse second night and they'd gone. Where? Stolen? I don't think so. Must have dropped them between the car and bedroom. I twice lost my shoulder bag under my seat in the dining room. Got it back. Staff helpful and honest. If you find my rings I'll pay postage. Only just bought two of them. Orange circular stone with a bobble silver circle around it. Black similar, oval stone. Both adjustable. Supposedly silver.

The best silver is from UK or Italy and should be marked 925 tiny but could have been Tibetan silver, containing less or hardly any silver. I suppose the maker or ring or customer is shown silver but not allowed to touch it. Also a multi-stone ring in four pastel colours.

And one of those wind-around magnetic bracelets in a brown and black oval and round faceted beads on metal thread. they vary in quality from cheap and plasticky to glamorous.

And a necklace. Probably silver, plain, with a large stone.

https://www.tfl.gov.uk/corporate/useful-contacts/lost-property

Angela Lansbury is a travel writer, photographer, author and speaker. See more about or by Angela Lansbury on other blogs, books on lulu.com , Facebook, LinkedIn, and videos on Youtube on comic poetry, spelling grammar and joining Toastmasters International to learn public speaking.


No comments: