Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Monday, October 13, 2014

Sex museums - Animals - add Duck museum

My travel wish list has just been extended by the addition of the Duck Museum in Beijing. The most unusual museum I visited in China was the Sex museum. It was in Shanghai, now moved to another city which has greater need of a novelty attraction.

Thinking of animals and museums, makes me think of food museums, and an exhibition on animals' sex lives, featuring videos made by zoos and safari parks which were trying to encourage endangered animals to breed in captivity.

I should have a page in my diary with two columns listing all the world's best and quirkiest museums.
Food comes high, with chocolate museums on the done column and the to do column.

At the head of the column called BTDT (Been there done that) would be the sex museum in New York.

Duck museum information
http://blogs.wsj.com/chinarealtime/2014/07/04/quackery-in-beijing-a-new-museum-to-roast-duck/
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-29025704

Sex museums information
www.newyorkpass.com/En/new-york-attractions/tickets/The-Museum-of-Sex
Also see reviews on trip advisor

It is worthwhile keeping a note of exhibitions at museums you have enjoyed. If you live in a city it is sometimes worthwhile becoming a friend of the museum or buying a year travel pass.

When I visited the sex museum what I enjoyed most was the temporary exhibition on the sex life of animals.  I was shocked that some animals happily, or unhappily, mate with ... I have to consider my words carefully.

More Food Museums - I'll add to this later today.


More sex museums - I'll add to this later today.

Make a list in your diary. See next post.

No comments: