Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Good news for allergy sufferers

Listed at the Restaurant Show is Allergystar.

The good news is that new legislation makes restaurants obliged to tell customers about allergens, just like ingredients listed on products you buy in the supermarket.

That's great for me because I'm allergic to shellfish. I recall being told a soup did not contain shellfish. I knew from first taste that it did. It tasted sour. My throat tightened. My lips started swelling, I rushed to the ladies toilet and spat out and cleaned my teech and make myself sick. I rinsed my mouth and tongque and teeth with water.

I went back to the table. My translator (in S Korea) repeated that the waitress assured her no shellfish. I dug around with my chopstick and up came a prawn.

'Why risk it' says the informative ad from allergystar.co.uk
They have developed a system which lets restaurants list all ingredients and so diners can check every dish. No running backwards and forwards while your server who speaks one language tries to translate shellfish and seafood or gluten and wheat into a second language for a customer with a third language, a head waiter with another language, and a restaurant owner with yet another.

Hurray! Well done. Good luck to them.
www.allergystar.co.uk
tel 02380 760909
info@allergystar.co.uk

No comments: