Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Glamour puds - Bakewell tarts with real almonds

I tried
a mini circular almond tart.
I know this as a Bakewell tart, also called a Bakewell pudding, although they are not the same. (Bakewell is a place in Derbyshire).
Yum. That's the authentic Bakewell tart I like.
Here's the photo of the individual size tart. Of course you can make them or order them in large sizes or muffin size.


(Absolutely my favourite dessert since I had the wonderful Bakewell tart at Swanwick Writers' Summer School in Derbyshire. A friend on Facebook sent me the name of the chef. If you have a Bakewell tart recipe please send me one.)

After I returned raving about Bakewell tart, we researched and tried making all sorts of recipes, right back to Mrs Beeton. She copied a lot from Eliza Acton. 

If you don't want to make your own, come to Swanwick writers summer school next year - and warn the chef that he must make our favourite dessert.  

Meanwhile here's the contact for another source, Glamour puss.  Oops! I keep typing p u d s and some inbuilt spellchecker turns the word into puss. It's not my typo. It's the system on either my computer or the blog.

On the Glamourpud website they list the ingredients of their pastries so if you are allergic to nuts you know what is inside your food.
This is their Battenberg tart list:
Ingredients: Shortcrust pastry: white rice flour, vegetable margarine, whole egg, potato starch, water, sugar, tapioca starch, salt. Filling: sugar, vegetable margarine, ground almonds, whole egg, cornmeal, almond extract, raspberry jam.

Allergens: almonds, egg

You can buy the Glamour p u d s products from Tesco stores which are listed on their website.

www.glamourpud.com
e peggy@glamourpuds.com
m 07849 456 219
Unit 10 Kempton Gate Business Centre
Oldfield Road
Hampton, Middx
TW12 2AF

Author
Angela Lansbury, travel writer and photographer, author and speaker. I have other posts on Bakewell tart. Please share links to your favourite posts.

No comments: