Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Sunday, June 16, 2019

B & K SALT BEEF BAR IN HATCH END - ALWAYS ACHIEVES SATISFACTION

First thing to do on reaching London is collect a take away from B and K salt beef bar. Just the thing when you have jetlag, a hangover, or the weekend off cooking.

We had the salt beef and lokshen pudding as a take away. Yes.

The salt beef is filling. It's often better, more moist when served fresh in the restaurant. Health and Safety have spoiled it a bit. But it always makes you think of it fondly and longingly when you eat meat elsewhere.

Lokshen Pudding
However, the lovely lokshen pudding is as good as ever. How do they make the sultanas so moist? I know, they soak them overnight in something. I always ask and they always tell me. Then I forget.

Sometimes I write down the recipe, the ingredients. They add lemon juice. Lots of it.

So I know the secret. But when I cook, it's not the same. That's why they are the restaurant and I am the customer.

Lokshen means noodles. They are made into a solid circular pudding. After it is cold, or when  still hot, it can be cut into triangular slices.
Lokshen pudding with sultanas.

We eke it out over a day or two. Add fruit to reduce the calorie count and our guilt. I had strawberries and milk.

By the way, it's Jewish style food, not strictly kosher. to get a kosher license they would have to close on Saturday.

You will easily find them. Hatch End high street is not that large. They are at the station end, across the road, a couple of shops along from Impeccable clothes shop, and Tesco Express.

See my other reviews with more pictures on this blog, and my reviews on Tripadvisor.

B & K Salt Beef Bar
353 Uxbridge Road
Hatch End
Pinner
HA5 4 JN
England

Useful Websites
https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g7380842-d1899079-Reviews-B_K_Salt_Beef_Bar-Pinner_Greater_London_England.html

Author
Angela Lansbury, travel writer and photographer, author and speaker.

No comments: