Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Sunday, November 22, 2015

Mint tea at home or hotel rooms

Mint tea served at hotels and restaurants and conferences is often made from several tea bags in a pot. But you can easily make your own mint tea with fresh mint. If you like Mint tea bag, try Twinings.

The Moroccans make wonderful mint tea with added sugar. You could add honey instead. Better still, simply sip sugar-free mint.

Different kinds of mint bought from garden centres will give different flavours. There's peppermint and spearmint or simply mint.

I tried mint grown in my own garden one summer, but found my mint was full of aphids, little greenfly. In theory you could wash the mint off first. Or strain them out afterwards. Or both. It was a whole palaver.

Easier to spend £1 or 99p on fresh mint from the supermarket. Start again.

Or buy mint in a pot from a supermarket, add hot boiled water, at home or in a hotel, and you have mint tea.

Warning - wait for boiling water to colour add water.  I burned my lip on boiling water, so I had to sip cold water, which I added to the mint tea. Now I know why I like coffee - because you can add cold milk so you don't burn yourself.

Photos by Angela Lansbury. Copyright.

Fresh mint in a pot from Morrisons in London in November 2015, bought by a member of my family.
We're here to help they say.
www.morrisons.co.uk
customer service helpline 0845 611 6111.

In the UK 0845 numbers are usually the price of a local call from landlines. Check your service provider or mobile phone company to be sure and if you have a choice of phones and there is a difference in charge, pick the cheapest or try to make a free call through Skype.

Angela Lansbury.
Travel writer and photographer.

No comments: