Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Sunday, November 22, 2015

Wine Ice Cream from mercers dairy.com, including mulled wine

Here's something to take to a Xmas party. Wine ice cream. All over the USA. You can order online.

When will it come to Europe? I'll look for a recipe to make your own.A good way to use up leftover wine. Tip it over dry cake or ice cream.

Ice Cream T-Shirts
I also like the t-shirts. But you have to order ice cream to qualify for being able to buy a t-shirt. I can't order because I am not in the USA. Does anybody want to send me a tee-shirt!

Wishlists
Maybe they should start a wishlist for tee-shirts.  Every company which sells retail or through websites should have wish lists as well as wedding lists. That would help enormously when buying Xmas and birthday gifts. Have a monthly or annual giveaway to keep people coming back.

I watched an amusing video of people trying out various flavours. Chocolate. Merlot. Strawberry sparkle.

Wine Ice Cream Flavours from Mercer's (alphabetically):
Cherry Merlot
Chocolate Cabernet
Peach White Zinfandel
Port
Red Raspberry Chardonnay
Riesling
Spice (mulled wine)

The HQ seems to be in New York but they are all over north america with one spot in the north of south america.

I looked at the link wondering if I would find the tee shirts but could find only ordering ice cream.
http://www.mercersdairy.com/#!shop-online/c1prr

I wonder how wine ice cream would suit hot Singapore. In England in November it's so chilly that our thoughts are on mulled wine more than wine ice cream. Hot toddy and mulled wine.


If you are driving or working and don't want to go anywhere near alcohol or caffeine (my doctor told me not to drink coffee after lunch time, you can make a punch bowl with a non-alcoholic punch or one which looks like red sangria and keep diluting it.


I checked Wikipedia and was amazed to discover several entries on wine ice cream.

Wine ice cream, zabaglione, made with wine and egg yolks, is popular in Argentina.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zabaione

Note that the Italian spelling is different, so that is not necessarily a typo, or I hope a not a spell checker fairy's change.


Angela Lansbury Travel writer and photographer.

No comments: