Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Photos and tweets on WTM stands: Jordan's spaceman, Israel's caricature, Denmark's skull, Lawrence of Arabia

Jordan, Denmark and Israel all had great marketing plans plus.

Every year at World Travel Market the glamour girls in national dress attract attention. You can be photographed alongside the tall girls in revealing clothes from Las Vegas or the tiny doll-like girls in elaborate pretty dresses from the Far East.

But what was a space suit doing on the Jordan stand? Jordan managed to do what was promoted on the Greek grand press meeting, promote 'travel to the past and future.'

On the Jordan stand The past: Petra, the Romans and, at a show in England, national hero of England, Lawrence of Arabia. We had two characters on the Jordan stand, Lawrence of Arabia (a bit lost amid all the middle eastern stands, where so many of the staff are walking around wearing long white robes and Eastern gear), but the real surprise with the space man. Why a space man? Because Jordan was the setting for a space theme move.

What kept us on the stand? Not one but two opportunities for photos. Tweeting to Twitter to win a prize. Then healthy food - chicken on skewers lamb meat balls, and vegetarian balls. Plus water.

Well done, Jordan. Also their white bag was fabric and did not disintegrate like the black one from the World travel market.

Denmark
After that to Denmark. What's with the skull. Alas poor Yorick. Another link betweenDenamark and England - Shakespeare.

Israel
Finally Israel. Who can resist having their caricature drawn? Every year' I have had a caricature, two years running on the Malaysian stand from different artists. Previous years I had a large poster size drawing. I forgot to take the inside of a kitchen roll to roll up posters, drawings or other items. But this time a novelty souvenir, not a large poster to carry home. Instead the caricature printed out and given to me on a lanyard advertising the stand at the show.

Well done, marketing departments of Jordan, Denmark and Israel.


The artist Luisa Calvo is on the right. The picture of me in red dress with blonde hair is still on the screen as the next person keen for a caricature discusses which background they want. A choice of four backgrounds of the country.
I shall do a post on each of these countries separately when I have time later next week.

Angela Lansbury, travel writer and photographer.
Here I am with the spaceman on the Jordan stand with the handy white bag promoting Jordan.

Moe information for you: 
JORDAN visitjordan.com
CARICATURES Luisa Calvo, traditional and digital caricaturist
www.wickedcaricatures.com
ISRAEL
DENMARK
(As you can imagine, I am dashing to and fro, adding pictures and websites from business cards and notes, so I am updating all my posts on World Travel Market as I go through my bags of brochures later. Do keep reading for more. Please follow me on blogger and Facebook and link to me on LinkedIn. I'll also have a video or two  to add on YouTube.)
Angela Lansbury, travel writer and photographer, author, speaker.

No comments: