Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Friday, November 13, 2015

Intu Xmas Grotto and Rebuilding in Watford - details

I went onto the Intu website looking for information on the Grotto opening hours and maybe a picture of the fireworks I missed.

I found lots of useful information. I'd seen cordoned off areas where I took pictures of the small Christmas trees. I have learned my lesson. Next time I shall take two pictures, one of the whole area, another close up edited. Amateurs take the picture with litter and scaffolding in the way. Competition hopefuls and professionals in a hurry take pre-edited pictures. Chroniclers take the warts and all or cinema verity pictures as well as the chocolate box pretty close-ups.


I cunningly took the picture without the tape around it to show just the little trees in the boxes. That was to save having to edit later. Now I regret not taking the whole scene.

I hadn't realised that Intu was planning a major redevelopment.

The website says the council sold off land to Intu. Interesting. The Council obviously was pleased to get the money. I'm sure in the long term this will benefit the residents and visitors to Watford. A new cinema complex is being included.

The area was starting to look a bit, let's say old fashioned. in need of a revamp. I'm glad that the 'street furniture will go elsewhere during the building works and not be thrown away. I hope they will retain flower boxes or trees, and climbing animals to entertain children and stop them climbing over things not meant for climbing.

http://intu.co.uk/watford/events/the-intu-watford-redevelopment
https://www.intugroup.co.uk/christmas/
http://intu.co.uk/christmas/win  (their competitions page)
I'd still like a picture of the fireworks which I can add to my previous post about fireworks.
Other Intu centres near Watford include Uxbridge, and Milton Keynes. Further afield Intu centres include Braehead (where's that - it's Glasgow in Scotland.)

Angela Lansbury, travel writer and photographer. Author and Speaker.

No comments: