My favourite airport is Siem Reap airport, Cambodia - after Changi Airport, Singapore. Siem Reap is my favourite small airport. Changi Airport is my favourite large airport.
What is special about Siem Reap airport? Lovely sculptures featuring the history of Cambodia. Murals on the history of Cambodia.
What to do at Siem Reap airport? I could have spent longer looking at the mural showing the different forms of transport used in Cambodia through the ages.
Shopping
Great shops with great discount prices and choice. Scarves labelled 100 per cent silk featuring patterns including elephants. More items for children and women.
Food and Coffee
A brilliant lounge with Cambodian TV, Asian and Western food. Coffee with small chocolate biscuits.
Freshly cooked omelettes. I tried to take what I thought was a boiled egg and the cook rushed forward to tell me they were uncooked eggs. She offered to make me a fresh omelette if I would like to choose from the selection of chopped ingredients.
TV
Anything wrong or disappointing? I did not get near enough to the TV to see whether it had English subtitles. Two TVs in different areas of the lounge were showing different programmes.
Newspapers
The Today newspaper was from Singapore (not USA TODAY from the USA, not even a local Asian edition of USA Today). But I was quite pleased to read Singapore's Today newspaper after a week without it in Cambodia.
Changi Airport
Always something new to see and do. If you haven't already done it, see the butterfly garden full of huge butterflies, with plants to attract them near enough for you to take photos.
New for 2017, the rubbing activity table. (Like brass rubbings, you help yourself to paper and borrow wax crayons to make rubbings from 3D platters. Children and adults seemed equally interested in this activity. I would have done it if I had had time. Allow extra time to enjoy Changi airport.
Tips
http://www.tourismcambodia.com
Angela Lansbury, travel writer and photographer. See my previous posts on Cambodia and Singapore airport, and Singapore airport butterfly garden. Please share posts.
Travel worldwide: UK; hotels; restaurants; museums; vineyards; factory tours; learning languages.
Search This Blog
Popular Posts
-
How many places you have visited have their names given to famous people? I remember as a schoolchild learning that Florence Nightingale wa...
-
Timberlab in the Netherlands makes seats, lights and fences. They use sustainable wood. The benches are entirely wood, no metal nails, nor ...
-
Singapore flag See Singapore by state-of-the-art MRT, on driverless trains. Maps of Downtown Line At Cashew MRT station, one stop ...
-
I was sitting at the kitchen table thinking: how would you create an emergency sewing needle? I had in front of me on the table a sewing ki...
-
Selfie with the Queen at a shop selling all things British at the airport. Photo by Angela Lansbury. Copyright. Problem Where should...
-
ISBN The ISBN number, short for International Standard Book Identifier is the 13 digit book order code which gives the country, publisher,...
-
Benjamin Disraeli, Queen Victoria's favourite MP, and Prime Minister, said: 'When I want to read a book, I write one.' I am the...
-
Korean flag. What connection do you and I have with Asia? Many of my clothes are made in China. Today I have eaten sushi from Japan and soy ...
-
My first thoughts were of the author Israel Zangwill. Then of many American stars called Jordan. I did a little research with the help of ...
-
I have visited fifty countries. My family have had homes in the UK, the USA, Spain, and Singapore. We have had au pair girls living with u...
Labels
Sunday, April 16, 2017
Siem Reap airport, Cambodia, and what to do at Changi Airport and Siem Reap Airport
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Lovely sculpture depicting the history at the airport looks nice and this post looks quite informative. airport parking deals
Thanks for sharing such a nice airport post. I think readers and travellers would also like this post. Great! cheap airport parking
Post a Comment