Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Sunday, April 16, 2017

Siem Reap airport, Cambodia, and what to do at Changi Airport and Siem Reap Airport

My favourite airport is Siem Reap airport, Cambodia - after Changi Airport, Singapore. Siem Reap is my favourite small airport. Changi Airport is my favourite large airport.

What is special about Siem Reap airport? Lovely sculptures featuring the history of Cambodia. Murals on the history of Cambodia.

What to do at Siem Reap airport? I could have spent longer looking at the mural showing the different forms of transport used in Cambodia through the ages.

Shopping
Great shops with great discount prices and choice. Scarves labelled 100 per cent silk featuring patterns including elephants. More items for children and women.

Food and Coffee
A brilliant lounge with Cambodian TV, Asian and Western food. Coffee with small chocolate biscuits.

Freshly cooked omelettes. I tried to take what I thought was a boiled egg and the cook rushed forward to tell me they were uncooked eggs. She offered to make me a fresh omelette if I would like to choose from the selection of chopped ingredients.

TV
Anything wrong or disappointing? I did not get near enough to the TV to see whether it had English subtitles. Two TVs in different areas of the lounge were showing different programmes.

Newspapers
The Today newspaper was from Singapore (not USA TODAY from the USA, not even a local Asian edition of USA Today). But I was quite pleased to read Singapore's Today newspaper after a week without it in Cambodia.

Changi Airport
Always something new to see and do. If you haven't already done it, see the butterfly garden full of huge butterflies, with plants to attract them near enough for you to take photos.

New for 2017, the rubbing activity table. (Like brass rubbings, you help yourself to paper and borrow wax crayons to make rubbings from 3D platters. Children and adults seemed equally interested in this activity. I would have done it if I had had time. Allow extra time to enjoy Changi airport.

Tips
http://www.tourismcambodia.com

Angela Lansbury, travel writer and photographer. See my previous posts on Cambodia and Singapore airport, and Singapore airport butterfly garden. Please share posts.

2 comments:

Katherine Mills said...

Lovely sculpture depicting the history at the airport looks nice and this post looks quite informative. airport parking deals

Sam Anderson said...

Thanks for sharing such a nice airport post. I think readers and travellers would also like this post. Great! cheap airport parking