Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Wednesday, May 1, 2019

Introducing yourself in other languages - English, American, French and German

You may need to introduce yourself in these situations:
Calling to book or change an airline ticket or reservation.
Checking into a hotel.
Checking in at the airport.
Claiming your table at a restaurant.
Meeting a colleague at an office.
Meeting the family of the bride and groom at a wedding.
Meeting the mourners at a funeral.
Claiming lost luggage.
Searching for your lost children, spouse, friend, group.


English
Hello.(Good morning. Good afternoon. Good evening.) My name is ... (Angela Lansbury). How do you do?
(Informal Americanism: Pleased to meet you.)
(First name then surname.)


American English
Hi. My name is ... Pleased to meet you.


French
Bonjour. (Good day.) Je m'appel Angela Lansbury. (Literally or transliteration I myself call; equivalent of I call myself.)


German
Guten tag / morgen/ abend (Good day, morning, evening) Meine namen ist (my name is)...

I shall shortly add in my next post:
Bulgarian
Romanian
Chinese
Russian
Hebrew
Arabic
Tamil

Call to Action
Walk around saying them to yourself until you can speak fast without hesitation nor stammering.

Write those you need in your diary. Write them on the front page. And/or the back page or inside cover. Write them on the diary page before your next trip.
Add more as you learn them. Copy them.

Useful Websites
UK
visitbritain.org
visitbritain.com
visitbritainshop.com
visitlondon.com

FRANCE
visitfrance.co.uk

GERMANY
germany.travel/en
USA
visittheusa.co.uk

LANGUAGES
duolingo.com


Author
Angela Lansbury, travel writer and photographer, Teacher of English and other languages. Please share links to your favourite posts.

No comments: