Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Wednesday, May 15, 2019

Read BODY LANGUAGE: Adult Behaviour Including Your Own Family's Reaction In Restaurants

A nurse has analysed the body language of babies. Brilliant.

You can identify: hungry, thirsty, full, tired and ready to sleep.

The same applies to adults. My husband tells me I am tired and should go to bed when I yawn and stop talking. He tells me I am full and should stop eating when I slow down my eating, or rest my knife and fork on the plate at increasing intervals. Once it is pointed out, the signs are obvious.

When my productivity slows down, I know it is time for a rest, a drink of water, a change of scene.

In adults also watch for signs of dehydration and hunger. Some people get angry when tired and thirsty. Others cannot make decisions.

A person at home gets ratty not getting food or drink or attention, or kept waiting too long for supper.

In a restaurant, a customer kept waiting too long for a table, or water, or drinks, or the menu, or first course, a meal, in a restaurant, loses their temper and threatens to walk out.

Sometimes when you cannot understand language, you can read body language.

Useful Websites

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-7026313/These-subtle-cues-used-babies-indicate-hunger-play-theyre-full.html

Author
Angela Lansbury, travel writer and photographer, author and speaker. Please share links to your favourite posts.

No comments: