Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Saturday, May 11, 2019

Noah's Ark in Kentucky

I was just writing about the American Printing for the blind museum in Kentucky, when I came across Noah's Ark.

Here's Noah's Ark in Kentucky.

I am sceptical about the supposed sites for Noah's Ark and its supposed size. I think of the humorous remark by Mark Twain, that there a

That said, Noah's Ark was an entrancing story I head in my childhood and like many people I am fascinated by it. I an enjoy the painted image of Noah's ark, a wooden toy for children, and a huge toy for tourists.

Here'a a picture of Noah's Ark from the collection of the Philadelphia Museum of Art, USA.




Artist
Edward Hicks, American, 1780 - 1849 (1780 - 1849) – Artist/Maker (American)
Born in Langhorne, Pennsylvania, United States. Dead in Newtown, Pennsylvania, United States.
Details of artist on Google Art Project

Title
Noah's Ark
Object typepainting
Genrereligious art
Date1846
Mediumoil on canvas
English: Oil on canvas
DimensionsHeight: 668.78 mm (26.32 ″); Width: 772.67 mm (30.42 ″)
Accession number
1950-92-7
NotesMore info at museum site
Source/PhotographeraQFz9qNv8QS26Q at Google Cultural Institutemaximum zoom level








If you logged in earlier you will find that spellchecker or predictive text had changed my headline to Jonah's Ark.



When I was researching Armenia I discovered the story that Noah's ark had arrived there. Al fascinating stuff.

Useful Websites

USA

TURKEY

ARMENIA

HOLLAND

HONK KONG


Author
Angela Lansbury, travel writer and photographer, author and speaker Please share links to your favourite posts.

No comments: