Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Wednesday, October 11, 2017

About Angela Lansbury, travel writer



About

About and Contact Details
Who am I?

I am Angela Lansbury - yes, that's my real name. If it sounds familiar to you, that because there's at least one other. Somebody once asked me, Are you THE Angela Lansbury. I replied, as far as I and my family are concerned, yes, I am THE Angela Lansbury. There is another one.

At that time two Angela Lansbury ladies existed, me and the actress. We have more than just the name in common. We both had fathers from the East End of London, but spoke perfect, clear English,  and we both had a son called Anthony. And we both wrote.

I discovered there was a third writer called Angela Lansbury. She wrote fiction and I wrote practical books. My dream was to write fiction, to be a classic author, like Charlotte Bronte.

My latest look at LInkedIn revealed that the numbers of people called Angela Lansbury had risen to thirteen. I wrote earlier about the pleasure and problems and confusion when more than one person has the same name. Equity won't allow it. They don't want payments going to the wrong person. Singapore insisted that you give your NRIC number, and ID number, like a passport number, as proof of identity. In England doctors and banks and insurance companies tend to use your birthday as a second way of ascertaining who is who.

Books
I am a travel writer. I write articles about travel. I have written about twenty books. The first book I wrote was Enquire within Upon Travel and Holidays.

Ten of my books were published by mainstream publishers. I have self published another ten and I always have there or four books not he go.

You can read about me and my books on www.Amazon.com and www.Lulu.com

Contacts
If you want to meet me, I belong to two Toastmasters Speakers Groups in London, (usually your first two or three meetings are free). In Singapore I belong to another club and go to a club every night, speaking, or evaluating speeches or judging competitions.

Messages
If you want to send a message, I am on Facebook and LinkedIn. I am more likely to reply if you can write a sensible, grammatically correct sentence and spell correctly, which is quite likely if you have read this far. If your fist language is not English, I suggest you get the free ad Grammarly which checks both grammar and spelling. That ap includes punctuation.
www.linkedin.com
www.facebook.com
www.grammarly.com

Like most people I prefer praise to blame, though I am always interested in extra information and the polite correction of an occasional error which we hope gets spotted by one person before all the others have seen it.

If there's a place you would like to know about I can research it. If there's a book you would like me to write, please tell me. It's always encouraging to know a book has at least one potential reader.

Angela Lansbury, travel writer and photographer, author and speaker.

No comments: