Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Tuesday, October 9, 2018

Yummy-looking, yummy-tasting mini-cheesecake with gold decoration - could you copy?


Eye-catching mini cakes on the buffet at Toastmasters International meeting at the Sheraton Towers Hotel. Photo by Angela Lansbury. Copyright.

For only twenty dollars you get two main dishes, a couple of side items, fruit and cake and coffee. Admittedly there's only a teeny piece of cake per person but what a delight for the eyes. Creamy cake, pastry base, red glaze, a piece of fruit, a blueberry or two or three, to offset the sweetness and add contrasting colour, and the final crowning touch, a teeny piece of gold.

Years ago I looked into this, at the time when gold on savoury dishes was the fashion in 'Indian' restaurants in London, England. I found you could buy edible gold.

As with any food, you could always make it cheaper yourself, but you would have to buy the ingredients, make the food, wait, spend on cooking, wash the plates.

The Sheraton is such a joy. Orchids in the ladies toilet. I like to think I have a comfortable home, but I don't have piped music and orchids in the toilets.

I dream that I can have a pastry with gold decoration, and orchids in the toilets. Can I achieve my dream? Yes, I can, for twenty Singapore dollars, if I go to the Sheraton Towers Hotel in Singapore.

Useful Websites
Toastmasters international find a club
Sheraton Towers Hotel
Singapore Airlines
Singapore tourism

Author, Angela Lansbury, travel writer and photographer, author and speaker. See my other posts on the Sheraton Towers hotel and Toastmasters International speakers' meetings.

No comments: