Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Saturday, October 13, 2018

Best speaker ribbon

A warm welcome from Jurong Green Advanced Toastmasters. Guests were from all over the world including me from the UK and a man from Myanmar. I won the Best Speaker ribbon for my humorous speech on Singlish. On the left of the picture is Oon Sim Sim, the President of the club, who sends out emails encouraging me to return.

The glass windows behind show trophies for all the organizations which meet in the Community Club. This is typical of Singapore community clubs.


Many clubs serve food and drink outside the boardroom in the heat. One of the things I like about this venue is that the break takes places inside the room. That also makes it easier to start the meeting after the break without people needing to be rounded up or being still outside not hearing.

You can read the text of my speech on Speak Better English, La and Learn Singlish in a later post on Sunday Oct 14 2018.

Author
Angela Lansbury, travel writer and photographer, author and speaker.

No comments: