Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Thursday, April 4, 2019

Identify holes in carpets and find a cure?

I sent photos of holes and a fraying edge to one damaged carpet and a hole in another carpet to Rentokil. They did not identify the problem. They quoted for spraying skirting boards twice at a one week interval.
 I am thinking:
Maybe it is a problem I can solve by buying a spray.
Maybe I should vacuum more often. No point in killing the problem if it recurs a week later.
 Do I have moths in clothes and curtains and sofas?
No point spraying against insects if the cause is rats (which might be a different company offering a different solution, such as traps and food for rats to eat. 
Rats - arriving through a hole might be the responsibility and paid for by the building management and not the building flat owners or tenants.
What is the cause of the problem? Who can identify it from my photos, or offer a free visit to analyse the problem?
Author
Angela Lansbury, travel writer and photographer, author and speaker.



No comments: