Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Tuesday, April 16, 2019

'Find it' tracker for travelling - for passports, or people and more?

I could do with trackers when travelling. What for? My phone of course. What we need as a travelling couple of relatives or friends is find each other's phones - and thus find each other.
What have I lost?
PASSPORT
My passport at American security.

I LOST MY HUSBAND
My husband - when he stopped to change his camera lens in the guided tour of the cellars at Rheims, France.

Missing TIMING
You can avoid missing lots of appointments by setting a timer on your phone or watch.

TAXI
In India I lost my taxi. I remembered my drive had a moustache and I noted the last two digits of the number plate. When I came out of the building, I found it has not one entrance but four. All the car parks had tai drivers who all had moustaches. The car number plates all ended with the same two digits which signified the city, and the fact that were taxi.

FLIGHT
Check the departure gate, even if you are with a group, especially if you are with a group.

My flight - the bossy group leader took all our tickets to the check-in desk. After a twenty minute wait I asked the girl on the desk when our flight was leaving for Washington DC. She told the flight was direct to London, not stopping at Washington DC.
Dinner with friends in Singapore on Saturday night. A relative knew our flight left London on Saturday. He forgot that we were on the overnight flight and would not be arriving at dinner time but breakfast next day.

1 My coat.
2 My passport
3 Items left behind in boxes as you go through security
4 My hat
5 My umbrella
6 My husband - especially at duty free in airports. Also in the lounges when he says, "If you are not back from the toilet in five minutes I am leaving for the gate. I can't afford to miss this flight. Where is he? Ahead of me? Gone to the Gents? Having a final coffee?
7 How about find my check in desk, or boarding gate?
8 Leaders of groups of schoolchildren and groups on guided tours.
9 Children. Those people who get on a plane with five children instead of their usual headcount of six.

10 What about find my waiter? They all look alike. They all wear glasses, or have moustaches, or black hair, or black tee-shirts.

Or find my cruise ship. Once, in the Bahamas, we left our big white cruise ship which was the only one docked, at dawn. When we came back in the evening, at dusk, we saw a line of about ten cruise ships!

Useful Website (advert)
https://getxyfindit.io/blog-xy-find-it-never-lose-your-valuable-possessions/?lpid=1159&utm_source=9171&utm_medium=ad1&utm_term=64004&utm_content=1516&utm_campaign=GU&aff_id=9171&camp_id=64004&sub_id=ad1&req_id=363546888&contract_id=859&oid=516&guvertical=42&gusalespopup=0

Other Websites
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Find_My_Phone

No comments: