Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Monday, April 1, 2019

Hard Boiled Eggs Flavoured With Soy Sauce

I saw the eggs, with dark brown shells, and was a bit dubious, and curious. Try anything once.

I peeled off the shell. At first bite I was smitten. Delicious.

If you find hard boiled eggs dull, try these.

Certainly a novelty if you are not from Asia.

I went onto the internet to find a recipe. Some of the recipes require large numbers of ingredients which are hard to find. Then I happened on a soy sauce recipe. Surely, everybody has eggs and soy sauce in their kitchen, or can easily get these two basic ingredients on their next trip to the supermarket. I do.

I'll add photos later.

As far as I can make out, you hard boil the eggs first. Then marinade them in a strongly flavoured liquid. The inside and shell should come out a different colour.

In mine the shell was dark brown. The egg white was a creamy brown, pale coffee colour.

I ate mine in Singapore. Other places to try them include Thailand and Taiwan.

Useful Websites
You tube video on had boiled eggs with soy sauce.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqSmgXM8E1I

Author
Angela Lansbury, travel writer and photographer, author and speaker.

No comments: