Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Tuesday, April 30, 2019

Lovely looking lunch at Lerouy in Singapore - I wish they'd brought me a souvenir! Michelin Memories.

Remember those t-shirts which say, My family went to London and all I got was this lousy t-shirt?


My family went to lunch at Lerouy restaurant in Singapore and all I got was this lovely photo of the dessert.
The man who chose the venue had eaten there the previous week and was obviously in a hurry to repeat the experience.

Strawberries and more dessert at Lerouy Restaurant in Singapore. Photo by Trevor Sharot. Copyright.

What did I learn? The bar counter snakes around the back and chef Christophe, Christophe Lerouy, a man previously awarded Michelin star before he left another restaurant, the man is behind the bar overseeing everything. He likes to interact with customers.

His colleagues or collaborateurs are Asians Gwen Lim and Willin Low. They concoct new dishes together.

Lunchtime is busy and set lunches come in two sizes and prices. The cheapest is 8 courses. Thirty eight Singapore dollars ++.  So, add the price of drinks and service. You could order a higher price set meal. Dinner is dearer again, with two set prices.

Not alas the French style menu including one alcoholic or non alcoholic drink and service so that the consumer knows the total in advance. By law in France.

 I wish it were the law worldwide. I keep getting set a question at Toastmasters, if you were a legislator or president or queen, what change or law would you like. I must remember this one.

Small plates. You can't identify the ingredients and the wait staff have accents so it's hard to identify from them what you are eating.

An extra dish of food came up on the house. I am hoping to go there on my family's next visit and I promise to bring you more photos.

Arrive early. You can't linger over lunch. Lunch time is 12 to 2 and dinner is 6.30 to 9.30. Sensible hours for eating and working.



London's Petrus Souvenir
One of the top restaurants in London, Petrus, on special occasions (not yours but the restaurant's special occasion) often gives you something as a souvenir on the way out,. I was once given a small bite size circular cake.

Chocolates
I wish all restaurants worldwide would give you a souvenir. In many restaurants, especially Indian restaurants in London, a chocolate comes with the bill, to sweeten it. You can often keep your wrapped chocolate for later, for yourself or somebody else, if you can resist the temptation to eat it.


American Doggie Bags
You get more than a small chocolate in America. You get your leftovers packed up for a midnight snack or tomorrow's lunch. I like America and American restaurants where your leftovers are automatically wrapped up 'to go'.

Useful Websites and Information
Lerouy Restaurant
3 Stanley Street
Singapore
https://www.lerouy.com/
https://www.lerouy.com/menu
https://www.facebook.com/RestaurantLerouy/
A bit of history:
https://guide.michelin.com/sg/people/dstllry-par-christophe-lerouy/news
Reservations are made through chope.com
The restaurant is usually closed Sunday and Monday but open some bank holidays.

Petrus
London
https://www.gordonramsayrestaurants.com/petrus/

Author
Angela Lansbury, travel writer and photography. See my other post on this restaurant. Please share links to your favourite posts.

No comments: