Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Monday, February 27, 2017

Learning to rent a car in Italian


Problem
I have been struggling to learn the word for renting a car.

Answer
Make up a sentence using the letters.

Italian - English
Dove posso noleggiare una macchina? - Where can I rent a car?


English - Italian
Where can I rent a car? - Dove posse noleggiare u n a m a c c h i n a ?

My memory aid:

I do N O t want to LEG g I t - I Am going to R E n t a car.
NOLEGGIARE
I have the knowledge to drive and I have the knowledge of where to rent so I am going to rent a car.

Annoyingly for me, the British English translation would not be rent (which is for property) but hire. However, I won't fuss about that. The important thing is that we have a memory aid for
N O L E G G I A R E - rent a car.

Author
Angela Lansbury, teacher of English, languages, public speaking, in Singapore, England and by Skype.
See my other posts on languages, spelling and grammar on blogger.com and YouTube. You will also find more profiles and posts on Twitter and Instagram. Please follow me and like and share my posts. You can see and buy books by me on Amazon and Lulu.com

No comments: