Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Sunday, February 5, 2017

Coffee and Cures For Jet Lag?


Problem
You arrive on a different time zone and can't sleep. Then you are awake all day.

Answers
Is the answer coffee? What keeps you awake in the day? Coffee. Or keeping busy. You sleep in the dark and wake in the light. You can re-set your day and night so you are nearer to the time zone of your destination.

Coffee might keep you awake but coffee in your system can keep you awake at night.

Stories
I complained to a doctor I was getting up in the night. He said drink only one cup of coffee for breakfast, one at eleven, decaff at lunch time. I have stuck to that ever since.

I gave up brown sugar and cream in coffee when I started dieting to lose weight and coffee rarely tastes as good as it used to. I love coffee flavour in cakes and chocolates, but coffee rarely tastes as good as it smells. I'm turning to mango juice and mango lassi. Thinking of trying coconut milk (yes, that is also fattening).

Driving and Sleeping
I avoid driving after missing sleep. Somebody drove into the back of my car on a motorway. I heard her speaking on the phone telling somebody that she had just got off a flight from Asia. I immediately wondered whether she might have been dozing off at the wheel. Signs along British motorways warn Tiredness can kill.

Tips
You can buy Melatonin at pharmacies in airports.

Author
Angela Lansbury, travel writer and photographer, author and speaker. See my books on Lulu.com and Amazon.com. I am also on blogger com with other blogs, and on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn. Please follow, like and share.

No comments: