Travel worldwide: UK; hotels; restaurants; museums; vineyards; factory tours; learning languages.
Search This Blog
Popular Posts
-
How many places you have visited have their names given to famous people? I remember as a schoolchild learning that Florence Nightingale wa...
-
Timberlab in the Netherlands makes seats, lights and fences. They use sustainable wood. The benches are entirely wood, no metal nails, nor ...
-
Singapore flag See Singapore by state-of-the-art MRT, on driverless trains. Maps of Downtown Line At Cashew MRT station, one stop ...
-
I was sitting at the kitchen table thinking: how would you create an emergency sewing needle? I had in front of me on the table a sewing ki...
-
Selfie with the Queen at a shop selling all things British at the airport. Photo by Angela Lansbury. Copyright. Problem Where should...
-
ISBN The ISBN number, short for International Standard Book Identifier is the 13 digit book order code which gives the country, publisher,...
-
Benjamin Disraeli, Queen Victoria's favourite MP, and Prime Minister, said: 'When I want to read a book, I write one.' I am the...
-
Korean flag. What connection do you and I have with Asia? Many of my clothes are made in China. Today I have eaten sushi from Japan and soy ...
-
My first thoughts were of the author Israel Zangwill. Then of many American stars called Jordan. I did a little research with the help of ...
-
I have visited fifty countries. My family have had homes in the UK, the USA, Spain, and Singapore. We have had au pair girls living with u...
Labels
Sunday, February 19, 2017
Sunday - Rest - Victor Borge Classic Collection - The Legendary Victor Borge - time off - relax
Sometimes you just need a break from work and worry and travel on a Sunday, ready to return reinvigorated on Monday.
The Christian Sabbath is Sunday - named after the day of the Sun. Monday is the day of the moon. Moon, loon, l u n d i in French. Time to learn languages and relax.
The Jewish Sabbath is Saturday, when the Orthodox do not read (except the sacred texts in synagogue, nor travel - which in the olden days would have been tiring if you walked and would have tired your horse or donkey if you travelled a distance with a vehicle.
The Muslim weekly holiday is Friday.
Many Museums and restaurants close on Monday to give their staff a day off.
Now many countries have the luxury of the weekend (in French le weekend). What do you do at the weekend? Pray, rest, sport, shopping, washing, relaxing, family, feasting?
If you are at home, you can travel in time and watch comedy which is understandable in all languages from times past on the internet.
Angela Lansbury, travel writer.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment