Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Thursday, February 2, 2017

Z I K A reminders


Problem
Z I K A warnings are everywhere. What should I do?

Answers
In Singapore you will probably find leaflets in the nearest Community Centre. You could take a leaflet or photograph it, as I did, for reference.

Story
I was bitten by something at dusk in Singapore. A reminder to cover up at dusk and dawn.

The leaflets in the photos were picked up at Braddell Heights Community Centre near Serangoon MRT.

Tips
The leaflets remind you that if you are not using (and moving) the bamboo poles that are used to hang washing, you or your maid should seal the ends of the poles to prevent mosquitos breeding in water collecting inside.

When you are in a Community Centre, look for leaflets with the latest health information. I found leaflets on Z I K A, and the haze. The haze leaflet said you should drink extra water.

If you have trouble breathing in the haze and need help, you phone 995 or call your doctor.


More information from
www.nea.gov.sg
www.dengue.gov.sg

Angela Lansbury
Author, speaker.

No comments: