Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Thursday, September 28, 2017

More capitals in Europe - bet you don't know these!

Country - capital
Problem
Liechtenstein - Vaduz (How do I remember the spelling of the country.  And the others?)

Answer
LIE - I don't lie - about the fact that I struggle to remember how to spell it. I had better check. Yes, add CH. I repeated it ten times. TEN! Stein is German for stone. Add STEIN. Lie-ch-ten-stein

Capital - country
Macedonia - Skopje (Common letters E O - O E. Think of M and S like  the shop Marks and Spencers. Macedonia and Skipje. Is there a shop called Marks and Spencers in Skopje in Macedonia?)
Moldova - Chisinau (Common letter a. in both MoldovA and ChisinAu.) Double letter o in Moldova. Check letter I is twice in Chisinau, an unusual name. My, it's good to see you. HellO Chums.
Montenegro - Podgorica. (Montenegro means black mountain. The letters O-G-O-R are in mOnteneGRO and pOdGORica. Oh, I'll to to Montenegro and on the black mountain I will grow a POD of GOReous - I CAnnot tell you because it's a secret.)
Vaduz - Liechtenstein (Nobody invades Liechtenstein. Maybe they think it's stony.)

https://tinycards.duolingo.com/decks/c9a0abc8-4704-4d76-ba8f-acd8865c12aa?lesson=5

Author
Angela Lansbury, travel writer and photographer. Author and speaker. Teacher of English and other languages. Please follow and share links to your favourite posts.

No comments: