Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Friday, September 29, 2017

Travel Tips and Packing Pointers



TRAVEL PILLOW
Here's a new idea for sleeping on the move. A pillow constructed like a wrap.
https://trtltravel.com/products/trtl-travel-pillow
When I looked this website was offering free shipping within the USA.

I like to look at Amazon to see if there are any reviews and compare prices. Whether or not you are on Amazon prime time getting a reduction on shipping, or not, might make a difference.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Trtl-Pillow-Scientifically-Support-Washable/dp/B00LB7REBE


HEALTHY CHOICE BOOK
If you are tempted to eat unhealthy food for travelling, here's a bok with some new ideas. One is that you introduce a third unusual food, which is a bit healthier, instead of trying to decide between the donut and the apple and falling for the donut.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-4930866/How-make-love-healthy-things.html

ZIPPER REPAIRS
Suitcase zipper repair kits. Here's the lastest I've found:
https://www.gotagher.com/collections/lifestyle/products/instant-fix-zipper-hc0052

I've seen various others on Amazon. We ordered a set of six. No instructions but the mechanically minded in my family got out pliers and attached the basic ones we bought.

I'm now looking for a patch to repair a ripped suitcase.


SMALL SIZE HAIR REMOVER

My other favourite is a hair remover which looks like it's lipstick size.
This device seems to be lipstick size and operated on the principle of a revolving blade. I had something similar years ago. (It looked similar but with a larger hair removal area like a half size lipstick on its side.

I found one offered on ebay for just over £20, with free postage, battery operated, brand Richoose. Another type, the lipstick size, for about £5, sometimes postage extra, sometimes free. You can also get nasal/ear hair removers at a cheap price.

STORY
My late uncle gave it to my mother, who was his sister. He said that everybody in the orchestra had these devices, so they could do a mechanical dry shave and did not have five o'clock shadow when being photographed on TV late in the day. I am sure the device, bought in the Far East, was very cheap. Everything was in those days.

Angela Lansbury, travel writer andphotographerr.

No comments: