Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Thursday, September 28, 2017

How do I remember names of capitals of Iran and Iraq?

Problem
How do I remember the countries and capitals of places I have not yet visited?

Answer
For many countries and capitals in all parts of the world you can make up sayings. For example:

IRAN - TEHRAN is the capital
 such as I ran to Tehran in Iran.

IRAQ - BAGHDAD is the capital
My Dad's in Baghad; he is irate in Baghdad in Iraq. Using the letters IR.

Depending on whether you say ark or ack, you could make up a sentence rhyming with park or dark. I shall to a park in Iraq.  Or my Dad's in a park in Iraq.
Or I shall pack for Iraq; my Dad's going to pack for Iraq.
For books on remembering, go to

https://www.amazon.co.uk/How-Remember-Almost-Everything-Ever/dp/1910232246

Angela Lansbury, travel writer and photographer. Teacher of English and other languages.

No comments: