Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Monday, March 13, 2017

Check directions when travelling

Problems
The Place was not where you expected. You arrive half an hour late.
Your friends arrive late.


Answers
Ask for directions and a map.
Memorise the directions in case you lose your phone or Internet connection.
Take photos of where you left your car.


Stories
This month I have noted three travel direction mishaps and one lucky escape.

1 I went to a condo. I had printed directions. I went past the bus stop. A passer by pointed across the road. I went into a huge condo with a similar name and asked for the conference room. It was in another distant block. I went there. Nobody there. I returned to the gate. I was in the wrong condo.

2 A friend has left her call on level two of a car park.  After a half hour hunt we find the car in a car park which has levels 1 and 1a. And 2 and 2a.

3 Tree nearby condos are called hazel, cashew
and chestnut. Turn right and walk uphill. Easy.
- but the station has two exits. The big exit is at the front by the escalator. The small one is at the back by the lift (elevator you would say in the USA).


4 in Singapore I was going to visit IBM offices at Changi business Park. While getting direction on the phone I said, "changi mrt (railway) station?"

No ! - it was Expo station.


Confession: whilst writing this blog on the train I was so engrossed that I missed my stop!

Angela Lansbury,  travel writer.

Angela Lansbury,  travel writer.

No comments: