Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Encouragement When Discouraged Learning Languages And Music



Story
I was starting to get sad and depressed and frustrated and felt i was confused at wrong answers in the later Duolingo exercises.
I wonder whether they found feedback about this in the learners' forums and decided to encorage people to stick with the courses and enjoy the system.


Now I am seeing little cheery faces with messages such as:
Well done (after a few correct answers).

When I get two or three wrong answers I  get the encouraging message:
Even when you make mistakes you are learning.

I am thinking about making a reversible or rotating sign sayng this.

I could keep it on my desk top for any activity all day every day.

I could use the sign when teaching others.

I could place it on my electric keyboard when learning to play music.


Author
Angela Lansbury, travel tier and teacher of languages.

No comments: