Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Monday, March 20, 2017

I-Rings Protecting Your Mobile Phone Are Great For Selfies



Problems
I saw an i-ring on the back of a girl's phone. I asked what it was for. She said it kept your phone upright on a desk so you could photograph yourself in a selfie or video yourself giving a speech. How much do they cost? She told me, under ten dollars (Singapore dollars) - mostly less than five dollars.

Stories
Buying Bargains
I was in Toa Payoh in the centre of Singapore, walked up and down the market stalls across the covered path from the shops, and found a seller who had one for five dollars. I walked away to see if I could find anything cheaper and shops were offering them for ten dollars which I knew from their other prices was high and for locals used to bargaining, unlike tourists, would be double to final agreed price. I eventually paid
three dollars forty cents and was pleased with my bargain.

However, I later saw them sold for two dollars in the rummage trays in a ground floor shop in Bukit Panjang at Bukit Panjang Plaza. (This used to be the main or only shopping mall. Now Hillion has opened across the road.

Where do you stick the i-ring? Does it matter? If you are using it to hold the phone by your finger, whatever feels comfortable.

If you are using it to keep your phone upright or rather diagonally on a desk top, you may want to experiment.

I went on the web looking for answers. Instead I found another brand's excellent site which led me on a detour.

One Hand Operation Of Phones
The brand is Flytrap and they are American. From their website I learned that there are many more uses for holding a mobile phone in one hand.

I used to place my phone on my lap when I got into a car and needed my left hand to shut the door. When I got out, the phone would fall onto the ground.

The website also solved a mystery about the costs and tracking of sending goods overseas. I used to buy a lot of goods on ebay. Some arrived overnight. Others disappeared for a month. The website explained all that. The dearer 'shippers' - noways mostly flying deliverers, offer tracking, which not only relieves stress, it give you comeback if an item goes missing.

Meanwhile I am looking at my two dollar ring. Where do I stick it?

Tips
All you need to know on:
https://shop.flygrip.com/collections/flygrip-gravity

Author
Angela Lansbury, travel writer and photographer.

No comments: