Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Friday, March 24, 2017

Palm trees - what's that fruit?



Problems
I photograph palm trees but can't identify the fruit. Orange. Brown. Green. Red. A palm tree is not just a palm tree. A palm can have a brown and green trunk, or red such as the lipstick palm. The palm can produce coconuts, dates, oil. The leaves may look like feathers on a pole, or small fans on top of a pole, or one large, low fan growing from the ground.

My latest mystery photo is of red fruit. What are they?

Answers
I photographed the tree from ground level and then cropped the photo. I did a search for photos.
Stories
Having no luck with nay picture search, I tried the words palm tree red fruit. I immediately found photos. The first solution was that my picture looked like red palm oil.

Then I found the McArthur palm.

Author
Angela Lansbury, travel writer and photographer, author and speaker.
More posts on blogger.com, various blogs, as well as profiles and posts on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube.
Please follow, like and share posts.

No comments: