Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Thursday, March 16, 2017

Stunning Temples In Singapore



Problem
How do you photograph a temple when it is forbidden to take photos inside?

Answer
Photograph the outside from the street. Sometimes if you find a priest or caretaker they will let you photograph objects, so long as you do not photography people who are praying and involved in ceremonies. At other places, you may not photograph valuable objects which might be of interest to thieves or souvenir hunters, but can photograph a priest or local person in national costume with a small portion of a statue or column or notice with foreign font writing in the background.

Story
Here's another stunning temple in Singapore. I saw it first from the bridge, crossing from the Telok Blangah MRT station.

I was on my way to a towers residential block where a club was holding a meeting in a function room. I photographed the outside and only when I reached the entrance and considered going inside did I see the sign asking you not to take photos. It didn't matter to me, because I already had enough striking photos of the exterior.

Tips
Telok Blangah is the last but one stop on the yellow Circle line going south, just before Harbourfront.

See photos in next posts.

Author
Angela Lansbury, travel writer and photographer, author and speaker.

No comments: