Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Friday, March 3, 2017

Statues outside Buona Vista MRT, Singapore - and how to photograph yourself with statues



Problem
How do you take an original photo of statues when travelling? How do you photograph yourself?

Answers
I always take three sets of photos. One is from a distance. Another is a close up of one part of the group. A third shows me in the picture.

I tried to take a selfie with the statues by using the reverse camera symbol on my mobile phone screen. Unfortunately that shows only your face in close up.

To get a picture of the whole scene, yourself head to toe, and the same for the statue, you would need a selfie stick or help from a friend or bystander. (Someone you could trust not to run off with your phone!)

I take a photo of a nearby place name so I have a record of where the photo was taken. Here I have photographed the sign saying Buona Vista. I even have the MRT (train sign) and the bus stop number in case I want to go back or direct anybody who might be going there by bus.

No comments: