Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Thursday, August 23, 2018

Diary Date - Oktoberfest, Beer in Bavaria and Best Visits

Beethoven

Dusseldorf

Germany on map of Europe.

Problem
Where it it and what else can I do there?

Answer
Munich, Upper Bavaria, Germany. 22 Sept - Oct 7 2018.

What else can you do in Munich, or Germany?

Munich
Heaven or hell, fact or fantasy, or some of each. I would be inclined on my next trip to do what I did on my last trip, to visit Neuschwanstein first and leave Dachau until last. However, I listed the places in alphabetical for concenience.

I looked up famous poeple who died i Dachau and found an instant travel connection. Maduro, for a second I wondered, where have I heard that name before and then it came to me. Madurodam, of course. Madurodam, theme park in The Netherlands, founded by his parents, who expanded the theme park and named it in honour of their son whose image is at the entrance.

Modern Munich and the aiprot have musch more in the way of museums adn food and drink. See my previous posts.

Dachau WWII Concentration Camp. (Children under 14 not admitted.)
Neuschwanstein Castle
This is the place you will remember from children's film and the Disney castle.

If you are running late on your holiday bookings, there's lastminute.com . If you miss the Oktoberfest event altogether, you might be in time to go to Munich for the Christmas Market.

Useful Websites
https://www.ranker.com/list/notable-people-who-died-in-dachau/reference

www.germany.travel.en
https://www.muenchen.de/int/en/tourism.html

lastminute.com
Tripadvisor
https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Attraction_Products-g187309-Munich_Upper_Bavaria_Bavaria.html

Wikitravel
Wikivoyage

Author
Angela Lansbury, travel writer and photographer. See my previous posts on Munich.



No comments: