Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Thursday, August 30, 2018

How Could Ebay Improve Customer Satisfaction? Prices, Pictures and Prolady Cape Blazer

Problem
I love ebay. I'm an addict. I find bargains, wonderful items.

When things go wrong I am doubly outraged that my trusted and reliable service has fallen short.

What could be improved? Allow more space for realistic and detailed comments on products. In the early days, most items seemed to be one-off items sold second-hand by individual sellers, never to be repeated so there was no point rating the quality of products, only the service. However, increasingly,  I find I am buying regularly stocked items from shops which can sell an identical item to me and other customers.

Prices
Make prices match products. Websites show a 'cape blazer', but prices jump from £2-5 to £8-12 when you select size & colour; timewasting.

Pictures
Makes pictures match what is being sold. Some pictures are so out of focus, you cannot see whether the item is good or bad.

Capre Blazer
I bought a cape blazer from Prolady who shows a model in a curved jacket, but the one I received was angular. Angular designs are neither flattering to one's figure, nor soothing, unlike curves.

Stop clothes sellers showing a manufacturer's model wearing a brand new item, in a different colour, when the item being sold is thirty years old and frayed and faded and a totally different colour. (Sellers don't show another shoe or cup!)

They sent a cape, not a blazer, no underlayer bodice with armhole. Photos of parts of the real garment are now added, but the misleading model picture is still shown on Prolady and other sites.

The item I received was inexpensive and was probably worth the money. It creases badly but I can wear it around the house.

I tied the hanging front pieces to stop it slipping off. It's thin for casual summer wear summer daytime in a hot country. Don't expect it to look ultra-elegant or be warm at night in air conditionting or cold weather in winter.

It just isn't the glamorous outfit I hoped would transform my life. It won't make me look gorgeous like the girl in the picture. It won't turn me into a TV star, impress a millionaire and make him and the whole world fall in love with me and praise my extraordinarily elegant outfit.

Despite this I am still addicted to dBay and cape blazers. Like a gambler, always expecting the next purchase to be 'the one'.

Author
Angela Lansbury, travel writer and photographer, author and speaker. For articles on cape blazers in white and pink, see my later post. Please bookmark and share links to your favourite posts.

No comments: