Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Monday, July 3, 2017

Ten Reasons to enjoy Canada, the maple leaf and maple syrup

Problem
We could not get to Canada to see the 150th celebrations.

Answer
Never mind. We celebrate Canada every day with 100 per cent maple syrup on our porridge.

Story
What do I like most about Canada?
1 Maple syrup!
2 Niagara Falls.
3 No guns.
4 Walkways in the sky between buildings so you can get around the city of Toronto when it's snowing in the streets.
5 Vancouver - my favourite city.
6 Chateaux hotels.
7 State staff in Ottawa have to speak both French and English - an idea we should copy.
8 Easily identifiable flag. Red maple leaf.
9 Houdini museum - on my wish list, at Niagara Falls.
10 You can practise your French.

What do I like least? The French accent is not the same as in Paris. Oh, well, I shall have to live with that. At least the written language is the same as the French I learned at school.

Tip
You can see the fireworks and celebrations in the BBC article.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-40468161

I've tried not a hundred per cent maple syrup which is cheaper but it doesn't taste as good so now I buy the real thing.

Author
Angela Lansbury, travel writer and photographer, author and speaker. (More on maple syrup in the next post. Please share links to your favourite posts.)

No comments: