Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Tuesday, July 11, 2017

The Don Restaurant near stations and the river

Problem
How to eat at a pricey top restaurant without breaking the bank?

Answer
Prices
We were sent an email about the new chef at The Don restaurant offering half price on food from the a la carte menu (not the set menu and not drinks). We don't know how they found us. We'd never eaten there before. We can one presume it's because we'd previously made some bookings of half price offers from booking.com and were now on a list of people who respond to offers.

Bread and Butter
The bread was interesting, brown or white with olives. Good salty, tasty butter. The bread should have been hot. But we were very happy.

Starters
My starter was salmon. Presentation was perfect. Another diner's starter dish of duck did not look as interesting as mine but proved to be really tasty.

The dishes looked delightful. I ordered the chicken main course which has a tasty outside. We did plate sharing. Another person thought my chicken was too salty but I was happy.

Unfortunately I am allergic to shellfish. But I tried a little of another dish, a melange, and the part I tried was even better than my main course.

Deserts were equally amazing to look at and tasty. I had the chocolate and cherry dessert. Perfect. But another dessert was even better. We ordered the matching wines at £7 each.

Pictures in the next posts.

USEFUL WEBSITES
https://tfl.gov.uk
https://art.tfl.gov.uk/projects/permanent-commission-by-daniel-buren/
www.visitlondon.com
www.londonpass.com
www.visitbritain.org

Author
Angela Lansbury, travel writer and photographer.
I have a previous post on The Don menu and translations.


No comments: