Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Wednesday, July 5, 2017

New Take Away Gourmet Halal Burgers and Pizzas With Outdoor Seating in Hatch End, Pinner


Problem
Where to sit outside now summer has arrived?
What's the name and phone number of that new place?

Answers
It opened in July in time for American independence day on July 4th.  It is American theme name and menu.

Prices
Money no object? Want to treat the family or business friend? Support a new business?

Dearest
Starters cost from £1.50 to £3.
For your main course:
A large folded pizza is £8.
Los Angeles Combo (burger) 'Meal' costs £9.99.
Add dips at 20 p each and garlic bread from £2.50 to £3.50.

If you are eating in you might add the dessert such as chocolate pizza for £5. Adding both banana and strawberry at £1 each bringing it up to £7.
I see no coffee. So add a soft drink such as Pepsi, Tango Orange or Apple, at 80p each.  Add a Stuft crust to a ten inch pizza for  £1.50 or to the 12 inch pizza for £2.

Cheapest
If you just want to try them to give a new local business a starting welcome and to be able to tell your friends you've tried the food:
Desserts
Chocolate cakes for £3.00
Strawberry Cheese Cake £3.00
Chocolate pizza - that's a novelty to me £5.
Add banana or strawberry for £1 extra.

Pizzas
The ten inch medium pizza is £4.

(I'll add more by checking out their menu again later. I thought this post should go up on line before lunch time.)

PS Diets
The menu says Halal. That means no pork.
The menu mentions ham. I don't know whether that means the halal and ham come from different suppliers and are kept separately. More likely it is turkey made to look and tasted like ham, but it doesn't say so. If I can get a member of my family or friends to ask, or phone, I'll do so.

Vegetarian
If you want vegetarian, they have a Californian Veggie  (burger) at £4.50. Three types of vegetarian pizzas.

Kosher?
Many people wanting halal eat at kosher places and vice versa to avoid pork. In Indonesia I found that the kosher places had a lot of shrimp and kosher visitors don't eat shellfish. I am allergic to shellfish.

I did not see any shellfish on the menu, but a careful second reading revealed a section headed Seafood (lower right, centre pages) with prawns as well an tuna and anchovies.) If that is a concern for you, please ask them about ingredients before ordering.

Friend or Foe?
Is another burger and pizza place in Hatch End rival or a welcome addition, making Hatch End even more of a Mecca and a hub for foodies?

What else is in Hatch End?
Pizza:
Burger:

Secret Owners
Who owns this place? It is a secret. Could be an outsider, or one of the other restaurants trying out a new variation on their already successful formula. I'll find out for you. My magnifying glass and sleuthing is at the ready.

The only thing more exciting than discovering a secret is bring the first to reveal it. If you know something I don't know, please tell me.

Tips
Want to know more? Visit or phone them.

California Gourmet Foods
Pickwick Walk, Grimsdyke Road, Hatch End, HA5 4HS.
Tel: 0208 421 43 44.

Update, later post with pictures of owner and photos!

Angela Lansbury, travel writer and photographer, author and speaker. My next post is on the choice of restaurants and cafés and the pub in Hatch End. Please share links to your favourite post.



1 comment:

Diana said...

I was staying in London during my summer vacation. I used to visit this place for having a quick bite. I can say the burgers and pizza were of best quality at an affordable price. You will never regret after visiting this amazing food destination.