Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Sunday, July 9, 2017

Happy Day In Hatch End - A Look At Local Life


Problem
Where to go for a walk on a sunny day? Up and down the shops, of course.

A happy day in Hatch End. Blue skies. Warm in London. Photo by Angela Lansbury, copyright.

Need an eye test? We have two opticians. 
I love these mirror like spectacles.

This little man is getting an eye test.



Look who is watching you! I spotted a turtle in a tank. "Three turtles," the assistant informs me.  in a tank. "Males," the assistant informed me. I obviously need to get my eyes tested. I was about to ask, "How do you know they are males?" But I thought the better of it.


If you want to stop for a drink, the Moon and Sixpence pub has jolly fuschia coloured flowers at the front, two smiling scarecrows, bunting advertising fruit ciders and berries. Walk through and at the back garden you'll find bench seating in the shade or the sun.


Next door at Orama restaurant the industrious staff are busy preparing for another busy evening, sweeping the street outside. Many high streets in the UK and overseas could copy.


The lorry (truck to any American readers) is delivering to Tesco Express.  I bought chocolate brownie flavour milk for an afternoon summer party. The flavoured milk keeps for a month or more. The slogan on the lorry sums up my feeling. 'We love shopping locally.'

Photo by Angela Lansbury. Copyright.


Author
Angela Lansbury, travel writer and photographer, author and speaker. 
I have many more posts on London, England, UK, Cambodia, Romania, and destinations worldwide. Please share your favourite posts.


No comments: