Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Monday, July 17, 2017

E-signatures - a time saver for the traveller

Problems
I have a contract to sign for renting a flat and I won't be in the country. In previous years I have had to arrange to be in one country or another, to books a flight, to change my dates, in order to be in a country to sign a document.

An agent has offered to sign on my behalf. But I think that is a dangerous precedent. I have already found that a clause was inserted in a contract which was not in the previous year's contract, paying the the agent a sum I had not previously agreed to pay in the previous year.

I have to sign a form for renewal of a membership card and I am not in the country.
I want members of a club to sign documents and renew memberships and book conferences and commit to events but half of them are away on holiday.

Answer
The answer might be an e signature. The number of firms offering them seems to be increasing.

Are they legal?

Does it cost?

How do you do it?

Several companies offer free signature set up. Some offer you a bric service free. Other are free for a short time - enough for you to sign one document or two in a short time.

The only way to do it, is to start doing it. Load up. Click on all the buttons, Agree to the terms. Tick the boxes. Scan of photograph document. Save documents on your desktop, as photos, as attachments in email, in a drop doc. Load up adobe. Re-set your pass words. I've been working oaths for four hours with two different sites and have not yet got a signature attached. At one point I selected a signature - I thought it would scan my signature, but instead it offered me my name written in three or more styles, rounded, sloping, elongated.

I have tried signing up and it took me a long time. I am stuck on loading up a document. If you have an eight page document and only need to sign up one page, how do you get you signature int he right spot. How to you upload or download? If you scan a document which is a pdf, is that why your document is 'not recognised?'

I am investigating. More later.

Tips
www.HelloSign
www.DigiSigner
https://www.signable.co.uk/blog/can-electronic-signatures-be-used-in-court
https://acrobat.adobe.com/uk/en/sign.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electronic_signature

Angela Lansbury

No comments: