Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Wednesday, September 5, 2018

Brush Up Your Languages With Future Learn - here's something about me translated into Italian

Problem
I am learning Italian using Duolingo but want to make faster progress.

Answer
I was sent a reminder from Future Learn. I joined their teaching English online course. Then I saw they had Italian, so I joined up for that, too.

What's the commitment? The course is free and lasts only one month, four hours a week for four weeks. That suits me.

Any 'hidden' costs? You pay for an upgrade which enables you to take the course after the cutoff date. You can buy extra workbook/audio material which uses different vocabulary.

The first thing they ask is for you to write about yourself in Italian to join the forum of other learners.

I was in a hurry so I used Google Translate. I can check it with an Italian, probably within a week, either in person or online by emailing her.

Here's my introduction in English, then Italian.

ENGLISH
My name is Angela. I am English. I teach English.

I live in Singapore.

I list Italian words in a large easy to find A4 notebook.
I write a blog post on travelwithAngelaLansbury to remind myself and share with others.
I have been learning Italian on Duolingo, occasionally with Tinycards.
I hope by listening to verb the conjugations will sound right!
I speak fluent French. I learned Latin at school in London, England. I learn some of a language when I go on holiday to a new country. I found it easy to recognize Portuguese words on signposts in Madeira. I was surprised that Italian words or roots appear in Romania.

Singapore is a modern city. I go to a Toastmasters International club every day. The French speakers' club meets once a month. I am sponsoring an Italian-Chinese bilingual club, run by a Chinese lady whose husband is Italian.

I teach English as a home tutor give workshops and Language Evaluations at Toastmasters Speakers' clubs.

My husband has a diploma in wine. We have visited many wineries around the world and go to numerous wine tastings. He gives tutored tastings on wine. However, my favourite wine is Prosecco - any Prosecco!

ITALIAN
Mi chiamo Angela. Io sono Inglese. Insegno inglese.

Io vivo a Singapore.

Elenco le parole italiane in un grande quaderno A4 facile da trovare.
Scrivo un post sul blog su TravelLansbury per ricordare a me stesso e condividere con gli altri.
Ho studiato italiano su Duolingo, occasionalmente con Tinycards.
Spero di ascoltare le coniugazioni suoneranno bene!

Parlo francese fluente. Ho imparato il latino a scuola a Londra, in Inghilterra. Imparo un po 'di lingua quando vado in vacanza in un nuovo paese. Ho trovato facile riconoscere le parole portoghesi sui cartelli a Madeira. Sono rimasto sorpreso dal fatto che parole o radici italiane appaiano in Romania.
Singapore è una città moderna. Vado ogni giorno a un club internazionale di Toastmasters. Il club dei relatori francesi si riunisce una volta al mese. Sto sponsorizzando un club bilingue italo-cinese, gestito da una signora cinese il cui marito è italiano.

Insegno inglese come tutor a casa, do seminari e valutazioni linguistiche presso i club di Toastmasters Speakers.

Mio marito ha un diploma nel vino. Abbiamo visitato molte cantine in tutto il mondo e partecipiamo a numerose degustazioni di vini. Tiene degustazioni guidate sul vino. Tuttavia, il mio vino preferito è il prosecco - qualsiasi prosecco!

ENGLISH
Author
Angela Lansbury, travel writer and photographer, author and speaker. Please bookmark and share links to your favourite posts. I teach English. Contact me if you need a teacher or workshop leaders for a business.

ITALIAN
Autore
Angela Lansbury, scrittrice e fotografa di viaggi, autrice e oratrice. Si prega di segnalibro e condividere link ai tuoi post preferiti. Insegno inglese. Contattami se hai bisogno di un insegnante o di un capo officina per un'attività.


No comments: