Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Tuesday, September 4, 2018

My last Malay Language Post Goodbye and thank you


Problem
I like learning Malay because it's an easy language. All phonestic - what you see is what you say. Many words look like English, simplified English. I hear Malay on the MRT underground trains and stations in Singapore. However, I am now a spnsor of a bilingual club in Singapore, Italian and Chinese. It is being started by a Chinese woman who has married an Italian. Their common language is English and they attend an English language Toastmasters International Club to which I belong. (My club is Braddell Heights Advanced.)

I have been learnign Malay-Indonesian daily. However, I now realise that either Italian or chinese or both would be more used to me in the new club. So you can expect to see much less Malay-Indoneisan on my blog, and more tips on learning Chinese and Italian.


So here are some last words in Malay

Malay - English

Selamat jalan - goodbye / bye
termimah kasih - thank you
jumpa lagi - see you later

English - Malay



Goodbye - bye / selamat jalan (the e is not prounounced).
Thank you - terimah kasih
I am sorry - (saya -I) maaf.
See you later - jumpa lagi (not jumper but lagi is again, joompa is see you).

Author
Angela Lansbury, travel writer and photographer, author and speaker

No comments: