Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Thursday, September 20, 2018

How to learn languages visually - demo of greeting in Chinese

Problem
I just spent half an hour writing about the greeting in chinese, yet when I come to say it, I cannot remember the first word. I thought I was an aural learner and responded best to sounds and words, text. However, I have decided that pictures work best for me.Let me given you the example.

I want to remember the Chinese (Mandarin) greeting which translates as have you eaten already:
Ser pau la ma.

I shall now remember if visually with three pictures:

SIR! (The bowing man is saying, 'Sir!')
Remember any picture which reminds you of the word sir.



POW!
Remember any picture which reminds you of an explosion.



LA-MA
Choose a picture of a lama.

When you want to say the greeting, think of the first picture and the next ones should pop up.

Author
Angela Lansbury, travel writer and photographer, after dinner speaker and teacher of  English and other languages to individuals and businesses.


No comments: